Sunday, February 21, 2010

100 ways losing 100lbs (YES, ONE HUNDRED!!) has changed my life!

I can't believe it's happened but...I've officially lost *100*lbs!!!!! As of February 21st, I weighed 182lbs...100lbs less than when I started this journey on July 13th, '09...only 7 months ago! (And for the record, even since then I'm down 102 lbs, lol.) What a fantastic thing to be able to say! Amazingly proud of myself and hope I don't sound boastful saying that, but I AM PROUD OF ME.

You know, I can remember watching many an Oprah show where her guests had lost 100lbs and sometimes more. They'd break through the poster of their old overweight self and come out onstage. You know how they do that. The audience would stand up and clap and an ecstatic, beaming smile would be what seemed like forever etched across the guest's face. It never failed...I'd be be sitting on my couch...crying and feeling lots of emotions. I was sooo happy for them. I couldn't imagine how happy they must be. I wondered what it must feel like. What was their new life like? Was it what they thought it'd be? I always wanted it for myself but it seemed so impossible and out of reach. I never believed it'd ever happen to me and here it has!

So, to commemorate my 100lbs gone (FOREVER!), I've added onto my list that I had previously posted when I lost my first 50. No need for all of you to read my first 50 if you've already read them, so just skip down to 50-100 if you'd like...unless you have nothing better to do, lol.

  1. I’m down 5 sizes in my waist
  2. Chronic pain has left my life
  3. I have energy like never before
  4. I wake up by 6:00 or 6:30am
  5. I am no longer a night owl
  6. I can walk up several flights of stairs without being out of breath
  7. I can cross my legs under a table, booth etc
  8. My seat belt stays between my breasts instead of on the side
  9. I can easily walk 2 miles
  10. I am able to buckle the airline seat belt with plenty of excess
  11. I smile more than I ever have
  12. Migraines have left my life
  13. I have learned there is nothing I could eat that would make me happier than I am now
  14. I feel like I have a fresh start in my life
  15. I feel amazingly happy and free
  16. I can fold my arms securely and keep them on my chest
  17. I can put on my socks and shoes by simple pulling my legs up to my chest
  18. I love and enjoy working out
  19. I’ve lost 21.5”
  20. I can do 100 crunches
  21. My joints no longer ache
  22. I have confidence in myself
  23. I have become truly aware of what “living life” means
  24. My bath towel easily wraps around me and tucks in nicely
  25. I like photos of me now
  26. I no longer get leg or foot cramps in the middle of the night
  27. I can sit in a booth without the table touching my mid-section
  28. I try new things and don’t beat myself up if I fail
  29. I look forward to standing on the scale
  30. I genuinely care about my body and me
  31. I own my feelings with less shame
  32. I’ve had to remove a link from both my watches
  33. I no longer have chest pains
  34. I can see my feet in the shower
  35. I can go shopping for hours at a time
  36. I can complete 20 minutes on the elliptical machine
  37. I know how much a portion is and only eat one serving
  38. I can tuck in my shirt and wear a belt
  39. I wonder what it will be like to lose a total of 130 pounds
  40. I work out everyday between 60-90 minutes
  41. I am responsible and accountable for everything I eat
  42. My BMI has went from 42.9 to 35.3
  43. I have a sense of self-worth that I’ve never had
  44. I can look at myself in the mirror and not feel miserable
  45. My tears in the dressing room are now tears of joy and not defeat
  46. My wedding rings no longer fit
  47. I’d rather be out doing something than sitting at home
  48. I’ve seen muscles I never knew I had
  49. I can eat anything without feeling like I’m being judged and snickered at
  50. I AM IN CONTROL!
  51. I can see my collar bones
  52. I’ve discovered my hip bones (I literally thought I had a tumor at first, lol)
  53. I can put anything in the dryer and who cares if it shrinks…it still fits!
  54. I can sit with both of my legs up against my chest and it’s comfortable
  55. I can wear cute shoes other than my New Balance sneakers that I’ve lived in for 10 yrs.
  56. I can jog!
  57. I am no longer considered obese on the BMI scale…just overweight.
  58. I am not afraid to go first or to walk ahead of anyone
  59. I am much less anxious about walking into a group of people
  60. I have rid myself of my pre-diabetic condition, Insulin Resistance! That is huge!
  61. I can complete 45 minutes on the elliptical compared to my 20 minutes at 50lbs lost
  62. I am nowhere near plus size clothes anymore…just regular misses for me!
  63. I am down about 8 sizes in my waist (size 26 to 9/10 now)
  64. I have lost an additional 20” since my first 50lbs I lost. That’s 41.5” lost so far!
  65. I can wear a white shirt or jacket and not feel like a ginormous marshmallow.
  66. I like and need to wear belts! I even poked a hole in one of my old belts…12 inches down from the nearest old hole!
  67. My fingers are a lot skinnier!
  68. I’ve went from a size 3x top to a regular misses medium or large!
  69. I am genuinely proud of myself.
  70. I can cross my legs while riding in the car
  71. I am down 4 bra sizes
  72. I get cold more easily and now I feel bad for giving my mom such a hard time for years, lol. Sorry mom.
  73. I have made new friends!
  74. I don’t feel “FAT” anymore. I still have work to do but to not constantly feel fat is a good feeling!
  75. I drink a lot of green tea…as opposed to drinking sugary hot chocolate.
  76. I look forward to meal planning and grocery shopping.
  77. I want to help as many people as I can in their own weight loss journey!
  78. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel
  79. I look forward to getting up and getting my day going.
  80. I can almost figure out my calories for the day without logging them but I still do it to keep me on track and accountable.
  81. Eating has become for survival…not for feeding my emotions.
  82. I love to buy and eat healthy foods. I feel so good when I do!
  83. I’ve started volunteering…something I would have NEVER considered doing being an obese person.
  84. I go to the gym and work out no matter who is there. Busy or not, I’m working out!
  85. I can count the number of headaches I’ve had on one hand over the last 7 months. I used to get migraine-like headaches almost weekly.
  86. I feel sooooooo much healthier!
  87. I drink skim milk…something I never thought I’d do, lol.
  88. I am a much more positive person.
  89. Hey look…I have a breastbone!!
  90. I almost feel like I’m a “normal” size.
  91. My body doesn’t bump into everything anymore.
  92. Cravings for junk food and empty calories have nearly diminished.
  93. My feet and ankles no longer swell.
  94. Binge eating does not exist in my life anymore although I still crave carbs sometimes, lol.
  95. I can wear knee socks…couldn’t get them over my calf when I was obese.
  96. Putting on lotion doesn’t take near as long…a lot less body to cover!
  97. I am more aware of myself and others around me.
  98. Almost all my self-consciousness has gone away. AMAZING!
  99. I am so close to my ULTIMATE goal!
  100. I am STILL in control…well, we know Who is ultimately in control but as far as my eating and healthy decisions I make, food does NOT control me.

I also want to give a shout-out to a special friend of mine. A couple weeks ago she asked me if I had made it to my 100lbs lost mark yet and I told her that I had. She surprised me with a beautiful gift bag (with the cutest tissue paper, mind you!) full of fun things in sets of 100 and lots of funsies...almonds, post-its, chap-stick, tissues, moisturizer etc. I thought it was sooooo kind and thoughtful and I've really enjoyed getting to know her and I thoroughly enjoy our chats, so THANKS my friend! You know who you are. :)

And for a really quick end-of-the-month wrapup for February...

3 additional inches lost
Lost 7 pounds
Went from a size 11/12 to a 9/10
Went down another bra size

I will admit that February was not a month that I put my forth my BEST effort. I slacked on my cardio big time, lol. BUT...this month is already different. I'm back on track, have started the Body for Life 12 week Weight-Training Program and feel great!

I have so much to say since I haven't posted in a month, but I'll save it for another post. Just wanted to share this milestone with all of you! Thanks for keeping with me.
Still have roughly 20lbs or so to go and am working on toning up my body now. I can't believe I'm this close to the end! So exciting! I hope you'll continue to stick with me!

I'm off to call The Dr. Oz Show to tell him what I've accomplished and to see if I can wiggle myself onto his show! LOL! Just kidding of course. ;)

And I know...I am making a liar out of myself but for real...I WILL post a pic soon. It's just been so stinkin' cold out and life has just been super busy these days but I will do my best!

Until the next time...



19 comments:

Corey W. said...

Nicole - I am SO proud of you - I know I say it all the time, but I am. and I'm envious, too - I cry when I read your posts and *dream* of getting to my goal. research and hard work - but without the means like you have I'm really struggling - but I'm determined so let's hope it's enough.

thanks for your posts - they keep me believing!

luv ya!

Jolene said...

This is so awesome! You have worked hard to get control the right way, with hard work, careful eating and exercise. You have done what you set out to do - get HEALTHY not skinny. I am so proud of you! Keep up the great work. LOVE YA!! ♥

kelli said...

Isn't it wonderful to lose those 100 lbs. I know it changed my life. Congrads. Now off to lose the rest with you. I know you see the light at the end of the tunnel like I do.

SAR girls said...

I love reading your monthly posts, Nicole! They are inspiring. Im proud of you and happy for you!

~jan

Leslie said...

I AM PROUD OF YOU TOO!!!! You are such an inspiration, Nicole. Not only can you be an inspiration to someone who wants to lose weight but also someone who wants to quit smoking or discipline themselves in various other areas of life. XOXO

Hannah said...

YAY!
How awesome for you Nicole! You should be proud of yourself, and even more awesome...you realize Who is really in control....which is not the food! HE will get you through the rest of your journey...and keep you on track!
You are doing awesome girl! Just the motivation that I needed today...
Thank you for that!

Hannah

Carolyn Lontin said...

YAY Nicole!! You know I am super proud of you and how far you have come in such a short time! Keep up the fabulous work & ENJOY YOUR LIFE! :)

ox, Carole said...

For each pound ...
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
plus OX! Woo Hoo!

Beth said...

each time i read your blog i am just blown away by how dedicated and persistent you've been. i am so happy for you and proud of you! great job Nicole!!!!!!

Crafty Girl Studio said...

WTG Nicole...what a wonderful accomplishment. You have worked very hard and deserve all the praise in the world. Take care and keep it up...you are almost there.

Adora Concepcion said...

You are an inspiration Nicole! really proud and so happy for you! :)

Adora

armywife said...

I was going to say we need a picture! You should be so proud and not afraid to shout it!! You have done amazingly well!! I, too just got into a size 8/10, down from a 22, so I know all the emotions you are feeling! What is your ultimate weight loss goal?

Unknown said...

Congratulations Nicole! I love your 100 list, such a great motivation. 100 pounds in 7 months...good for you! :)

Debi said...

Hey Nicole...wow...finally your 100 pound loss..I am so happy for you and just have to tell you that you really are an inspiration to those of us who are still on that journey. It feels so good to know it can be done with perserverence. I can't wait to see your picture. It will be great seeing the difference.
Thanks for posting... it's always great to read your accomplishments.
Debi

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Oh my dear friend...I am so proud of you. 7 short months, I just can't believe it! I can hear the pride in your *voice*. I don't care what you say, February was a short month and you still did great. Lots of (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, amazing keep up the good work and trust me you are inspiring me! Big Hug!

Nikki said...

Favorite post ever! So fantastic, so inspired, so motivated, so proud of my friend.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! I mean I knew you were losing alot of weight BUT WOW Nicole!! I ALWAYS thought you to be a VERY funny, beautiful girl anyway but you have out done yourself here. You look like a model and I am EXTREMELY proud of you my dear. Keep plugging away and this is the very first time I have seen a pic so it REALLY blew me away. Very happy for you.

Charles Rinehart said...

What a great job. You are beautiful. All the best.